Recipe Inspired By: https://goo.gl/tOvlWc
Polish off your holiday dinner with this rich, gooey pecan pie. Infused with the decadent flavors of bourbon and chocolate, this pie can be made with just 10 minutes of prep when you opt for a refrigerated or thawed pie shell.
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon or water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons plain white cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Sprinkle pecans and chocolate evenly onto bottom of piecrust.
- Stir together corn syrup and next 3 ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk one-fourth of hot corn syrup mixture into egg mixture; add to remaining hot corn syrup mixture, whisking constantly. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set; cool pie completely on a wire rack (about one hour).