- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, cheese, and onion.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the potato mixture into the prepared baking dish, then pour the liquid mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
- Cool for a couple of minutes to allow potatoes to firm up.