For the fritters:
- 1 cup chickpeas, peeled
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- 2 teaspoons basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil
- Plain greek yogurt
- Green onion, diced
1. Mash chickpeas with a fork in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Grate zucchini and carrots. Place in a clean dish towel or cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
3. Add veggies, panko, egg, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the mashed chickpeas, and stir until homogeneous.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
5. Scoop 2 tablespoons of mixture into your hand press to compress it into a patty.
6. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the underside is golden brown then flip and repeat.
7. Serve with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and diced green onion.