Chocolate English Toffee Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12oz milk chocolate, melted
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1 cup unblanched whole almonds
- On a foil lined baking dish (11x7) arrange almonds in a single layer. Set aside.
- In a heavy pan, combine sugar, butter, margarine, and salt.
- Cook over medium-high heat with a wooden spoon until butter melts, stirring constantly. (REALLY STIRRING CONSTANTLY)! Bring mixture to a rolling boil.
- Continue boiling and stir contstantly an additional 5-7 minutes until candy turns the color of almonds (about 300 degrees).
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour over almonds.
- Cool completely.
- When candy is cooled and set (about 2 hours), spread chocolate over top of toffee. Sprinkle generously with ground walnuts. If doing both sides, use only half of the chocolate and walnuts. Allow top to set before flipping over and doing bottom. When set, cut into pieces.
- Store in a airtight containers.