- 2 large packages of button mushrooms, washed
- 1 can chopped clams, drain and put through food processor
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 – 1 cup REAL butter (do not substitute)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Fresh Romano cheese, grated
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped (food processor is best)
- 1-2 cups Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1-2 cloves garlic, mince
- 1 egg
Remove stems from mushrooms and place in food processor with carrot, onion, and clams.
Once finely chopped, place in saucepan with garlic and about 1/4 – 1/2 cup butter. Saute until tender.
Mix cheeses together, leave about 3/4 cup aside.
Mix stem mixture, bread crumbs, egg and cheese together.
Mixture should pack well and not be wet or crumbly – add to mixture as
you see fit.
Stuff mushrooms and place in a 13×9 baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, cut butter into pats over top of cheese.
Bake at 350 until mushrooms are fully cooked.
Broil about 5 minutes to brown the tops.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.