- 6 large (weighing about 8ounces EACH) ripe, fresh Hass avocados , seeded, peeled and cut in chunks
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium sweet white onion, diced
- 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 medium fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded if desired, and diced
- 2 cups Mexican-blend finely grated cheese OR finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pint sour cream
- Food coloring for team colors (optional)
- Colored tortilla chips for dipping
Mash avocados with lime juice and salt in a large bowl, until just creamy. Add diced onion, tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro and combine gently. Stir in grated cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt if desired. In a 9-by-13-inch glass dish, spread mixture evenly and smoothly. If using sour cream for team colors, divide it into three bowls. Tint one portion with desired amount of food coloring, repeat for second bowl, and leave third bowl plain. To create design of guacamole, follow next procedure for piping, using three separate plastic zipper bags.
Place sour cream in a zipper bag and squeeze carefully to let all air escape before sealing. Squeeze all the sour cream to one corner and snip a tiny hole in bottom of that corner. Use bag as a pastry bag to pipe design. Use plain white to pipe on the yard lines and colored sour creams to designate Xs for the defense and Os for the offense. Decorate with baby tomatoes as desired. Tuck a few tortilla chips around edges of dish to add color and eye-appeal. Place remaining chips in a serving basket. Serve and watch guests tear up the field. Makes 16 servings.
For Super Bowl Gear and Party Supplies Click Here
Please comment, like and share. Thanks.