Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 heaping tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Diced Fire Roasted Garlic Tomatoes (or similar variety)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Toppings - cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, etc.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over the chicken. Top with diced onion and then pour tomatoes over the top. Top with the undrained green chiles. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and shred the chicken with two forks. Add cilantro and mix to combine. Serve.
To Prepare the Tortillas:
- Fry method - Heat a generous amount of vegetable oil in a small frying pan over medium high heat. When the oil is good and hot (but not smoking) carefully add a tortilla. Only allow to cook about 1 minute per side then remove to paper towels to drain. Blot top of tortilla with paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Microwave method - Warm tortillas individually for 20 to 30 seconds.